BenQ W1070 Review
- Crisp, bright image, even in 3D or when used in the daylight.
- Durable light bulb (up to 6,000 hours).
- Flexible connectivity, will pair up with any device that has an HDMI input.
- Great image contrast with the 2000 lumens brightness and 10,000:1 contrast ratio.
- Projects videos in Full HD on screens up to 200 inches large.
- Regular throw distance, doesn’t require to be used in extremely large rooms.
- Allows for the ceiling mount for more convenience.
- Simple mounting process.
- Nicely made, has some weight to it.
- Minimal rainbow effect, unnoticeable in the majority of cases.
- Built-in audio speakers, can be used without a sub system for occasional gaming or movie streaming.
- The lens shift feature allows for the best calibration for your setup.
- Size suitable for the majority of rooms.
- 1-year warranty, which may turn out to be not enough.
- Some of the customer reviews claim that the overheating is possible, although the manual suggests that you make sure the fan is not blocked by other objects.
- Many reviews state that this model is too basic for the money ‒ it isn’t wireless, doesn’t feature Bluetooth connectivity, and the firmware is non-upgradeable.
- The remote might misbehave occasionally.
- The built-in speaker system isn’t powerful enough, so for the best and the most immersive effect, you will need to connect the external sound system.
- Quite pricey (more than $500), might not be suitable for some users.
The W1070 by BenQ is a 1080p projector, which you can use in any room of your home for a number of purposes. Its specs make it suitable for gaming, TV streaming, and being used as your main home theater projector.
This projector delivers an image in Full HD. Its native resolution is 1920 x 1080p, which allows for using the high-quality video sources, including Blu-Ray movies and HD video games. The native aspect ratio of this model is 16:9, which is suitable for the majority of modern video sources.
As for the throw distance, this W1070 projector can be considered as a regular throw model. To project on a 200-inch screen (which is this 3D projector’s maximum capacity), it needs to be placed at least 16 ft. away from the screen.
This model features BenQ’s DLP technology, which results in a bright, colorful picture, even in 3D. Also, it’s easy to set up and connect. You can pair it up with any device that has an HDMI output.
With this BenQ projector, you can enjoy movies and games in 3D. All you need is a 3D video source and the glasses. The settings will allow you to adjust the contrast if you wish to. Although, with the 10,000:1 contrast ratio this model offers, you are most likely to be satisfied with the depth of the blacks and the bright whites.
Featuring the lens shift technology, this model will allow you to find the best setting for your home setup. Moreover, this projector is rather compact (its dimensions are 4 x 9.6 x 12.2 inches), so you will definitely have some setup flexibility in almost any room size.
Despite its drawbacks, the BenQ W1070 allows for a versatile use and delivers a superb picture quality. This 3D DLP projector has the potential to become a star of your home entertainment unit. Mount it on the ceiling and use in your home theater setup, or put it on the table and play games all day. Whatever you decide to do, you will enjoy the Full HD resolution and the deep, crisp, and detailed image.