DBPOWER T20 Review
- Supports 1080p resolution.
- Good image quality with the brightness of 1800 lumens.
- Features a quiet fan, does not overheat.
- Good response time, suitable for gaming.
- Compact and portable.
- Can handle screens sized up to 176 inches.
- Impressive lamp life.
- Affordable price under $100.
- Allows for a very flexible connectivity.
- Works on its own software and can play different file formats directly from an SD or USB drive.
- Can be used to power a media stick (for instance, Fire Stick).
- Great value for money.
- No mounting options, which might disappoint some users who want a stationary movie projector for their home theater.
- Some customer reviews claim that trying to update the firmware can be quite challenging (yet, the company’s support is excellent, so if you face such an issue, it will most likely be resolved).
- Some reviews state that you need to use this projector in a completely dark room for the best performance or to at least make sure that the lighting is dimmed.
- No built-in audio speaker, so you will have to connect an external sound system (this can be rather disappointing since this is a mini projector, which many buyers expect to be portable and want to use it anytime and anywhere).
- A 1-year warranty might not be enough for some users.
- It may be a bit challenging to adjust the manual keystone correction so that the edges of the image would be as focused as the center.
The DBPOWER T20 mini LCD projector is a good option for people who have a limited budget and not too much of free space in their home but still want to get a great home theater projector for video games and movie streaming.
Being able to support the 1080p resolution, this model features the last update in the LCD technologies, which allow for a 10% brighter image. It can work with different screen sizes (up to 176 inches). However, the image size settings are manual. You need to adjust the distance between the projector and the screen/wall.
This LED mini projector by DBPOWER doesn’t have the ceiling mount holes. However, thanks to its small dimensions, you won’t even have to mount it on the ceiling. Just put it on the table and enjoy. Keep in mind, though, that you need to place it around 16 ft. away from the screen to get the largest possible size of 176 inches. The least distance at which it will focus is 4 ft.
With the 1800 lumens brightness, you will be able to enjoy a vivid, clear image even in the rooms that are not totally dark. This model also features the 800 x 480 projector resolution but can support 1080p too. The T20’s native ratio is 16:10.
This mini projector offers an impressive lamp life (up to 50,000 hours) and countless connection options. It works with devices that have HDMI, AV, or VGS outputs. Besides, it has USB and SD card slots for a quick setup. This projector works on its own software and supports different formats, allowing viewers to use various file sources.
You should not expect miracles from this mini projector by DBPOWER. However, it does everything it can (and a bit more) given its compact size. It features quite an impressive array of specs, especially for such a reasonable price.
It is an ideal option for an occasional usage at home, video streaming, and gaming, especially if you have a limited living space.