Updated: 06 September 2018
The Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 speakers are among the most preferred and reliable bookshelf speakers in the market.
We find them appealing due to their reasonable price and unique design. They can also comfortably fit into any space.
More so, they make an excellent choice for non-conservative shoppers. And provide impressive performance even at their size.
Features of the Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000
- 1-inch pure aluminum dome tweeter. This is quite impressive as it lies in the standard requirements range. The ProMonitor 1000 bookshelf speaker works with the 5.25″ planar radiators driver. Therefore it’s no surprise as to how the unit manages to control even the lowest of its frequencies (47Hz to 30kHz).
- Magnetic Shielding Solutions. Through the use of this latest technology, users can now place the machine anywhere they want. For instance, you don’t have to worry about having such devices close to other electronics. Everything remains intact, and nothing can interrupt their functionality.
- Simple Unique Design. The physical outlook of these bookshelf speakers are among the first things a keen user will notice. Hence, if you love being different, this is the unit contains all you will ever need. Besides, it’s worth in its rightful space.
- Top-notch Finishes. The product comes in two different finishes. There are the gloss black and the gloss white. They effortlessly blend with other fixtures. It’s also, vital to note that the finishes contain high-quality material for durability and reliability.
- Rubber-tipped tripod stand. This ensures that this model perfectly fits into place during mounting. The rubber also protects the surrounding surface from unnecessary damage. So you don’t have to worry about frequent movements.
Pros & Cons
- They are relatively small. This means that they take up a little storage space. You can choose to place the model anywhere you want. From table and shelf tops to the ceiling, the choice is entirely yours to make.
- Outstanding sound quality. The boom these speakers releases has no relations to their size. The base is quite strong, something that will make you proud.
- They can form incredible home theaters. You can decide to save on some cash by purchasing the smaller versions of these bookshelf speakers. Afterward, use your creativity to build yourself a befitting home theater system.
That aside, like any other product, the ProMonitor 1000 has its own set of drawbacks. For example, despite their convenience of storage, wall and ceiling mounts require extra expenditures.
Also, the plastic construction of the cabinets makes them vulnerable to scratches. And lastly, some individuals might find it difficult to access the recessed binding posts. Hence, this interferes with the unit’s flexibility.
These bookshelf speakers are an ideal pick when it comes to home theater upgrading. Mark Stout one of the buyers says “Great sounding, cover the range from below 50Hz up to the top of human hearing. I set these up in a vacation home, and they have convinced me to go with Definitive in-wall speakers at our main residence…”.
On the other hand, Brandon R. Elliot feels the speakers are of incredible value as the speakers make his living room to scream loudly and without popping. The sound is also crisp and clean. He couldn’t be happier.