Klipsch R-10B Soundbar Review
Updated: July 2018
- Ease of use. This $300 soundbar and wireless subwoofer have been designed to connect easily to your television. (You can use the included digital optical cable or the 2-channel analog input if your TV is without an optical audio output). The subwoofer is wireless. You can thus place it anywhere in your living room for maximum impact and physical convenience. You can operate it from the convenience of your couch via the credit card-sized remote control. When troubleshooting, you can simply turn to the user manual.
- Versatility. This Bluetooth soundbar comes with removable feet and keyhole mounts. You can mount it onto the wall or place it on a tabletop.
- Aesthetics. The soundbar with wireless subwoofer has a simple and minimalist satin black design. It will fit in comfortably with most living rooms. It has a more masculine style than most soundbars (which tend to be more elegant and slender). The 40’inch sound bar boldly announces its presence with its relatively wide frame and a large, bulky ‘X’ across its perforated metal grille.
- High-output sound. The R-10B soundbar comes with a Virtual Surround Mode that creates a three-dimensional surround sound effect for an immersive listening experience. This will be particularly notable when you are watching movies.
- Warranty. With a history that spans seven decades, Klipsch prides itself for providing “legendary sound” through speakers, headphones & home audio. Active speakers are guaranteed to be free of material and workmanship flaws for one year on electronics. The woofer, cabinet and non-electrical mechanics are guaranteed for three years. Subwoofers are guaranteed for two years on electronics and three years on woofer, cabinet and non-electrical mechanics.
- Good customer reviews. With 4.2 out of 5 stars (from 290 customer reviews) on Amazon, the Klipsch R-10B has a reputation for living up to its promises.
- Affordability. At under $280 from Amazon (for reference R-10B’s list price is under $500), the R-10B soundbar certainly makes for a value for money proposition.
Portability. The sound bar measures at 40 x 2.8 x 4.1 inches and weighs 7 pounds (3.2 kg). The wooden subwoofer, on the other hand, measures at 8.3 x 16 x 13.2 inches and weighs a whopping 25.1 pounds (11.4 kg). Moving it around will be relatively difficult.
The Klipsch R-10B soundbar system (with subwoofer) makes for a handsome addition to any home entertainment system. It comes with a dynamic 40-inch TV soundbar and an 8″ side-firing subwoofer.
Both components collaborate wirelessly to produce a resonant bass that will occupy your entire living area. You can thus relish the full auditory universe of your favorite movies and TV shows. You can also use it to play your favorite songs from your mobile phones, audio devices and computers via its inbuilt Bluetooth wireless technology.
With a peak amplifier output of 250 watts and a maximum acoustic output of 110dB, this model wastes no time in making it capacities known. You will easily hear the difference in sound quality when watching movies, listening to music, or playing video games on your TV.
The aptX Audio Coding Technology allows you to enjoy lossless, high-quality music streaming. On the other hand, the Dolby Digital Decoder ensures that detailed, high-quality sound emanates from your TV.
The R-10B soundbar system may not blow away all of its competitors in the same price range. However, you can be assured that it will excel at enriching your movie watching and music listening experience (not all soundbars can do both). You can expect a rich and deep bass, along with a distinguished level of midrange detail.