Vizio SB2920-C6 Soundbar Review
Updated: July 2018
- Ease of use. No installation is required. The 2.0 Channel Sound Bar can be easily plugged into your television (it comes with three different types of connecting cables) – all you have to do after plugging in the power cord is to sit down and enjoy your favorite movie or television show. You can conveniently turn it on and off and adjust the volume with the remote control. You can turn to the user manual for all your troubleshooting needs.
- Aesthetics. The streamlined black and silver design adds a touch of elegance to any living room. It comes with handy manual buttons that you can use if the remote control is missing in action.
- Portability. This 29” soundbar measures at 29 x 3 x 3 inches and weighs only 4.5 pounds. You can easily transport it between rooms or houses when necessary.
- Expansive audio quality. It comes with two impressive full-range stereo speakers (i.e. 2ch) that can provide elevated multi-channel audio for a genuinely immersive cinematic experience. It comes with DTS Studio SoundTM, DTS Tru VolumeTM and DTS TruSurroundTM. You can expect 95 dB of crystal-clear audio with no more than 1% of total harmonic distortion. It has a frequency of 70 Hz – 19 KHz.
- Warranty. The TV soundbar comes with a one year warranty for any defects in materials and workmanship.
- Value for money. At under $100 (approximately $70) from Amazon, The 2.0 Sound Bar is on the lower end of the price range for TV sound bars. This model is cheaper than the SB3820-C6 (approximately $80) and the SB2920x-C6.
- No subwoofer. You will thus be unable to enjoy a richer bass sound (i.e. lower-pitched audio frequencies).
VIZIO describes itself as “America’s number one sound bar company”. The SB2920-C6 2.0 is a 29-inch sound bar that easily impresses with its sleek design and sophisticated audio technology.
Its minimalist all-black narrow cuboid shape will make for a handsome addition to your living room, conveniently turning your television into an immersive home theater experience. Since it does not come with a wall mount, you will probably want to place it below your television or on a table behind your couch.
Being Bluetooth compatible, you can also use it to play music from your tablet, laptop, or smartphone wirelessly. The remote control operates on 2 AAA batteries (approximately 4 watts; two batteries are included). You will probably want to purchase rechargeable batteries to save costs in the long run.
The Vizio SB2920-C6 2.0 Sound Bar promises to be a major improvement over the inbuilt speakers in your average flat screen television. Since it does not come with a subwoofer, you will not benefit from a richer bass sound (you can always connect it to your own subwoofer, however).
It will provide a deeper and clearer audio sound that will make it easier to listen to dialogues in your favorite entertainment shows, as well as the monologues from newscasters or talk show hosts. It even comes with a special dialogue mode that will make it even easier to keep track of the dialogue in verbose shows (e.g. Tarantino films or Gilmore Girls). With 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon (from 2,317 customer reviews), you can be assured that the Vizio SB2920-C6 is a crowd-pleaser.
The conclusion of this review: this soundbar you can get under $100, it’s an affordable and stylish speaker that will enable you to enjoy the immersive audio experience of a home cinema system without any hassle at all. If you already have a subwoofer, you can take one step further and up the ante.