Vizio SB3821-C6 Soundbar Review
Updated: July 2018
- Ease of use. You can turn to the wireless remote to easily adjust the VIZIO SB3821-C6’s volume, input and audio controls. If it runs out of battery power, you can use to user-friendly manual buttons to achieve the same objective. It comes with three different cables (the RCA to 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable, the Digital Coaxial Cable (RCA), and the Digital Optical Cable (Toslink)), allowing you to easily connect it to most types of TVs. With an average of 4.0 out of 5 stars on Amazon (out of 2,913 customer reviews), you can be assured of a satisfactory purchase.
- Versatility. You have three placement options to consider after purchasing this sound bar with wireless subwoofer: wall mounted, on the table top, or built in.
- Aesthetics. The minimalist black and silver design will add a touch of class and elegance to any living room.
- Portability. The 38″ Bluetooth soundbar measures at 38 x 3 x 3 inches and weighs 5.8 pounds. The subwoofer measures at 8.3 x 9.1 x 8.3 inches and weighs at 7.21 pounds.
- Expansive audio quality. You can expect up to 100 dB of crystal-clear audio with no more than 1% of total harmonic distortion. The full-range stereo speakers in the sound bar combines with the wireless subwoofer to create a booming surround sound effect that will take your cinematic experiences to the next level. It comes with Dolby Digital® (the gold standard for dramatic cinema audio quality), DTS TruVolumeTM (which provides consistent and comfortable volume levels) and DTS TruSurroundTM (which provides a virtual surround sound solution. The sound bar has a frequency of 50 Hz – 19 kHz, which the subwoofer has a frequency of 50 Hz.
- Warranty. The VIZIO SB3821-C6 2.1 sound bar system with subwoofer comes with a one year warranty for any defects in materials and workmanship.
- Value for money. The VIZIO SB3821-C6 2.1 soundbar system with subwoofer comes at under $100 from Amazon (approximately $90) from Amazon, making it slightly more expensive than the VIZIO SB3820-C6 38-Inch TV soundbar. It is nevertheless a good fit for most budgets and comes with excellent reviews.
The VIZIO SB3821-C6 2.1 sound bar system with subwoofer comes with two units (the all-black narrow sound bar and a subwoofer) that can turn your living room into a home theater system with a rich bass. It was designed to complement 42”+ Class TVs.
With its inbuilt wireless Bluetooth capacity, you can also fully enjoy the sonic textures of your favorite songs from the convenience of your laptop, smartphone, or tablet. As “America’s number one sound bar company”, VIZIO promises to deliver impressive audio technology within sleek, sophisticated and minimalist designs.
The remote control runs on two AAA batteries (approximately 4 watts). You might want to purchase rechargeable batteries to save costs in the long run.
The VIZIO SB3821-C6 2.1 soundbar system with subwoofer will definitely be a step-up from the lackluster speakers in most flat screen TVs. The two drivers in the soundbar will take care of the mid and high portions of the frequency range, leaving the wireless subwoofer to deliver the lower frequencies.
Since the subwoofer only has a frequency of 50Hz, however, (it is smaller than average) it will not provide an exceptionally deep bass sound. This will become more apparent when listing to music or watching action-packed sequences on your favorite TV channel.
You can expect crisp and clear dialogues in your favorite movies and television shows – keeping track of the plot when your characters are whispering to one another should not be a problem.
At the end of the review, the VIZIO SB3821-C6 2.1 soundbar is a good value for money proposition. You get access to a good-looking, well rated, and user-friendly home theater system with excellent specs and good reviews without burning through a hole in your wallet.