Yamaha YAS-203 Soundbar Review
Updated: July 2018
- Versatility. This wireless soundbar with Bluetooth system can be easily mounted on your wall (usually under the TV) or on a table top. (It comes with a paper mounting template that will make the installation process easier). Since the subwoofer is wireless, you can place it anywhere in your living room.
- Ease of use. You do not need to use a separate remote control to operate the model. Simply download the free Home Theater Controller app (which is compatible with iOS and Android) and use your smartphone as a remote! (It does come with a remote control that runs of two AAA batteries (included). It can also “learn” the signal for TV remote control and transmit it to your TV (so you do not have to worry about it blocking your TV IR sensor). Practically everything can be mastered by intuition, but you can always turn to the user manual if you are confused.
- Aesthetics. The soundbar comes with an elegant piano-black finish that will add some sophistication and class to any living room (it might even encourage you to have your living space refurbished).
- Portability. The sound bar measures at 35 x 3.6 x 4.5 inches and weighs 6.4 pounds. The subwoofer measures at 11.6 x 11.5″ x 12.5 inches and weighs 17.9 pounds. You will not have to worry when it is time to move them to a new room or home.
- Superior virtual surround sound. The Yamaha-exclusive AIR SURROUND XTREME technology creates an impressive virtual 7.1-channel surround sound. You can expect a powerful, deep, and smooth bass, as well as high-quality sound. The Clear Voice technology ensures that dialogues are always perfectly audible, while UniVolume™ maintains consistent volume levels. The YAS 203 specs will certainly please most people, and may even impress some hard-to-please audiophiles.
- Warranty. Yamaha provides a two-year warranty for any defects in materials or workmanship.
- Good customer reviews. The product has great reviews on Amazon (4.2 out of 5 stars, from 389 customer reviews).
- Relative affordability. At under $450 from Amazon, this Yamaha soundbar system is fairly expensive.
The Yamaha YAS-203 soundbar system comes with a wireless subwoofer that promises to enhance the auditory magic of all your favorite TV shows and movies.
Once the 35-inch sound bar and subwoofer are in place, you can expect a realistic and impressive immersive home cinema experience.
From the comforts of your couch, you will be surrounded by a sound field with crystal clear dialogue in front of you and visceral action sounds behind you.
It also comes with wireless Bluetooth technology that will allow you to play your favorite tracks from your tablet, smartphone, or laptop with no hassle at all.
The Yamaha YAS-203’s soundbar with subwoofer combination works equally well in bringing out the sonic details of movies and music. You can expect to hear the subtle and nuanced aspects of your media (e.g. leaves rustling, hip-hop samples) clearly and fully.
A powerful bass shines through (courtesy of Yamaha’s original advanced bass extension), complemented by a smooth treble. Dialogues should also be crisp, clear and audible at all times.
At the end of the review, this soundbar system offers good value under $200. It has an excellent mix of audio engineering technological features, a simple yet attractive design, and a hassle-free interface that will make it easy to use.
With some of the best specs for its price range, it certainly makes a solid addition to your TV home entertainment system.